The project AllTraIn aims to develop a comprehensive and structured all-hazard guide for critical transport infrastructures in Europe. The final guide enables owners and operators of transport networks to identify, on the one hand, the relevant threats for his infrastructure and, on the other hand, the types of infrastructures in his network which are susceptible to a specific threat. This approach supports the prevention and preparedness of critical infrastructure by stimulating and supporting risk assessment and developing methodologies for the protection of critical infrastructure.
The transport network in Europe is probably one of the most important systems for our economy and society. Trans-national transport routes and the connecting hubs play a vital role in goods traffic and the supply of the population. Critical road infrastructures can have a bottle-neck function. Any disturbance to these structures could lead to negative consequences for the population and economy as a whole.
- Identification of all relevant threats for transport infrastructures
- Determine criteria for the identification of important transport infrastructures in Europe, based on common aspects
- Develop a qualitative assessment procedure of different transport infrastructure with respect to a set of different threats
- Conceptualization of a comprehensive and structured all-hazard guide for critical transport infrastructures in Europe.
By employing an all-hazard approach, the project AllTraIn identifies all relevant threats for transport infrastructures in Europe. Intentional and unintentional man-made hazards as well as natural hazards are taken into account and compiled into a “comprehensive all-hazards catalogue for critical infrastructures”.
The output is a guide for owners and operators of transport infrastructures in Europe, which enables the identification and assessment of the relevant threats for specific critical infrastructure.
- Public/private owners/operators of road/rail infrastructures and transport hubs in Europe
- Authorities responsible for the implementation of the regulatory framework for safety/security of transport infrastructures
- Scientific community, dealing with risk assessment for transport infrastructure